MES Food Service Information

Our District Food Service Department is striving to provide the best service to the students and families of the Rondout Valley School District.   Below is information that will help our Food Service Department provide quality service.

  • Food related medical issues:If your child has food related medical issues (e.g. allergic reactions to foods), please send a doctor’s note detailing the allergy to our school nurse, Lauri Mulholland. Nurse Lauri will notify Food Services and the classroom teacher.
  • Food preferences:If you have any food preferences pertaining to your child (e.g. no snack, no ice cream, etc.), please communicate those directly to Food Services at or 687-2400 ext. 4233. Those preferences will be communicated to the food service workers at MES.
  • Ice cream:Food Services offer ice cream for students once a week at Marbletown. That day is typically Wednesday. Should school be closed on Wednesday (e.g. holiday, snow day, etc.), Food Services will offer ice cream the next day we are open.
  • Methods of payment for school meals:
    • Check:Make checks payable to “RVCSD Food Services” and bring the check to the food service manager’s office or to a food service cashier at your school. A local address and phone number are required to be either printed or handwritten on the check. The student’s name and PIN number are required on the check memo line.
    • Cash:Cash may be brought to the school food service cashiers for deposit on student’s account, or students may pay cash on a daily basis.
    • On Line Using This service is easy to use, convenient, private and secure.Please know, however, that convenience fee of $2.95 is charged for each prepayment transaction. Once the account is open, parents can check the fund account at any time at no charge. For complete instructions on how to use your mySchoolBucks account click the link:
  • Food Service Website: The Food Service has web pages with useful information.You can get to that site by going to the Rondout Valley School District website click on Food Service/Menus from the “Quick Links” on the right hand side of the page.From there you can find information on the following:
    • Free & Reduced Meals:Information and applications for free and reduced meals.
    • Meal prices
    • School Breakfast & Lunch Menus
    • website is not only a way to pay for meals, but it also allows parents to track what their child is purchasing (e.g. ice cream, snack, and lunch meal).Your ability to track you child’s Food Services purchases it completely free.
  • If you have any further questions regarding Rondout Valley Food Services, please call or email at or 687-2400 ext. 4233.


Thank you for your support!